18th-Century Fashion Store | Free Shipping on all orders over $250
JANET, Colonial Costume in Night Blue & Black Watch Tartan consists of a long-skirted bodice, wide open in the front and closed with lace, a stomacher in Black Watch Tartan, a large tartan shawl in Black Watch Tartan, and an 18th-century petticoat.
Colonial Costume | Colors & Fabrics
- Bodice: medium weight Night Blue prewashed linen (205gr/m)
- Petticoat: medium weight (205gr/m) prewashed linen, Night Blue color
- Stomacher: Black Watch (Campbell) Modern tartan
- Bodice lining: black cotton
- Shawl in polyester and wool tartan. Made on traditional looms, this tartan has a lot of character to it. Expect small snags, slubs, and other blemishes. These imperfections give the tartan a handmade look.
Colonial Costume | Design Features
- Metal eyelets hidden on both sides of the front opening for a perfect fit
- Mid-long sleeves
- 18th-century style pleated skirt made of two linen panels sewn on the sides, 37.5 inches (95 cm) long
- Large triangular double-layered tartan shawl, with sides approximately 52 inches long.